I've started creating an artificially intelligent program.

I've always wanted to create an artificially intelligent software application. So today I have begun this endevor. I have affectionatly named it HAL, after the 2001 Space Odessy HAL.

So far it can answer questions like "What will the weather be today." and "Am I pregnant?"

My goals in building this program are:
  • Create a program that is intelligent. The criteria for success is that my friend Ilijits Bos will judge this program to be intelligent. If he uses it, interacts with it and after using it says "it is intelligent", then I will have achieved this goal. He will determine his criteria for success at his sole discretion. The only caveat is that I can't bribe him to say yes, or drug him or blackmail him into saying yes.
  • learn new programming techniques

In the near future, you will be able to download HAL from Fluckiger.org.


HAL will be written in C# .NET, deployed via click-once, and will run as a low-permissions desktop application (security friendly) and will access a knowledge database via webservices.

-Joseph

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAM Disks do not speed up Visual Studio

SpreadsheetGear vs. SyncFusion vs. ComponentOne

Outlook tip: Turn off Email Contact Pictures