Channel 9 - RAM Disks speed up Visual Studio is a Vicious Rumor

 

It was cool to discover that Channel 9 linked to my blog post on how RAM disks do not speed up Visual Studio:

image 

Joe Nalewabau and Dan Fernandez talk about my blog. Starting at minute 19:50, Dan says:

Dan: "Joseph Fluckiger", I hope I am pronouncing that right. 

Joe: "I'll let you handle that one".

Dan: "Probabaly for the better."  :)

Dan: “We talked about this at our 1 year anniversary with Scott Hansleman using RAM disks to speed up Visual Studio. Joseph actually went through and did a test of RAM disk vs. no RAM disk. And he actually shows that RAM disks aren’t worth it. They are only a few milliseconds faster and you have to copy files into the RAM disk which is a pain.”

Dan: "Thank you Joseph for actually doing the work and verifying that it is a vicious rumor."

image

 

I found the Channel 9 reference because I was looking through my blog stats and saw that the RAM disk post is the most popular. Here are my blog stats:

image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAM Disks do not speed up Visual Studio

How to Create and Run Tableau Bridge on Linux Containers

Outlook tip: Turn off Email Contact Pictures