Build a Robot to scale everest

I just had a great idea. I want to build a robot that can scale everest and clean off all the disposed compressed air canisters.

I watched a special this week on Discovery channel: "Everest, Beyond the Limit". It was a great show, but the most dramatic moment of the show was when the expedition passed an injured and dying climber and they just had to leave him on the side of the mountain, because the air is so thin and the terrain so rugged that it is pretty much impossible to pull a man down from the mountain. And lots of people have died up there and there are all these dead bodies on the trail up the mountain. There are also lots of disposed air cannisters laying around.

And it is never going to get any easier or any more possible for humans or hellicopters to get up there. But a robot could do it. A robot could bring home those discarded cannisters. There is just something about knowing the top of the world is clean. And then it could also rescue people who couldn't get down the mountain themselves.

I'd better hurry up and sharpen my AI and my robotic skills.

Comments

Allyson said…
Joseph! How are you? It is me, Allyson Snow (Schmid now). I was just reading Farrah's blog and it linked me to Coren's blog and that linked me here. It has been a long time. It is so fun to see you and your cute little family. I have to tell you, my husband and I were watching the same show and he had the very same idea! Build a robot to clean off all the stuff! Here is a link to my blog:

http://www.steveandallyson.blogspot.com/

Like I said, it is good to see you, at leat pictures of you again.
Love,
Allyson
Damon said…
I've always thought you had an interesting vision, Joseph. I'm glad to see that you haven't lost touch with that special ingenuity that's all your own.

Damon Kenrick
Damon said…
Joseph,

I think I found a robot for everest.
Check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBG-nSRcrQ

Damon

Popular posts from this blog

RAM Disks do not speed up Visual Studio

SpreadsheetGear vs. SyncFusion vs. ComponentOne

Outlook tip: Turn off Email Contact Pictures