Sticky Notes in Windows 7

It’s the little things that are big. I found a new feature in Windows 7 that I really like: Sticky Notes. They look and behave a lot like real sticky notes. I used to use real sticky notes like crazy. At the beginning of each day I would write all my tasks down on those notes helping me, as Stephen Covey would say: keep first things first. Lately I've been using OneNote and/or notepad. OneNote is a great app but like any good thing, too much of it is bad. I'll still keep using OneNote every day, but for task lists and quick notes, Windows 7 Sticky Notes is definitely my new friend. 

image

 

The leap to Windows 7

A month ago I took a risk and installed Windows 7 as my primary OS. Installing a beta version of an OS on a laptop which is critically important for my job is not something I usually do but fortunately it has paid off. My favorite Windows 7 features:

  • The performance is good (even though my laptop hardware is seriously lacking for a developer).
  • Reboot time is fantastic.
  • Stability has been good. (I got a video driver failure yesterday than didn't crash my machine, instead the screen flickered and then Windows 7 gave me a message that the video driver restarted.. Hold the applause please..)

clip_image002

  • The Windows Key+P for switching from one to two monitors.

image

  • Accessible volume and network connections in the bottom right hand corner. I open and close VPN constantly so having this quickly accessible will delay my carpal tunnel.

image

image

 

  • Dragging windows from one monitor to another without having to double-click to resize and then re-maximize. We all have two monitors now so this saves a lot of click-click-click once again delaying my carpal tunnel.

image

Comments

Shadowphone said…
Hola, Señor Flucki. Long time, no Sushi (though I do get your butt calls every other month or so).

Is this feature significantly different from the sticky notes in Outlook?

Popular posts from this blog

RAM Disks do not speed up Visual Studio

SpreadsheetGear vs. SyncFusion vs. ComponentOne

Outlook tip: Turn off Email Contact Pictures